Theme: Mobility for all: Connecting the World with Accessible Transportation.
Topics of interest for submission includes:
Topic A. Accessible
Transportation and Tourism in Air, Land and Water.
A1: Advanced public
transportation and self-driving technology
A2: Platform for accessible
tourism and traveler information
A3: Mobility aids for
transportation and tourism
A4: Accessible tourism and
transportation in hilly terrain
A5: Standards for accessibility
assessment and innovative assistive devices for planning accessible routes
A6: Certification mechanism for
accessible tourism and safety
A7: Policies on safety and rights
of older adult in traveling
A8: Implementation of accessible
public transportation policies under the initiatives of CRPD
A9: Educational program
development in accessible tourism and transportation
Topic B. Safe &
Sustainable Mobility for Elderly and Persons with Disabilities.
B1: Technology in care-taking
services for the Elderly and PWDs
B2: Safety and technology for
mobility of persons with transportation challenged
B3: User satisfaction with
vertical mobility aids
B4: Research on the optimization
of small and low speed scooter and power assistive devices
B5: Safety monitoring and
management for ageing drivers
B6: Legislation and regulations
on design and management for mobility of PWDs
B7: Government policies on
regulatory mechanisms and mobility
B8: Policies on pedestrians’ safe
mobility and assisted walking
B9: Selection of the most
suitable type of car and refresher training for older drivers
Topic C. Collaboration
and Coordination across Information, Financial and Transportation Services.
C1: Application of informational
technology in transportation industry
C2: Informational technology and
finance service integration
C3: Integration of assistive
devices and informational technology & finance service
C4: Development of mobility aids
for the ageing population and informational & finance service integration
C5: Collaboration between
industries of information, finance, transportation services, and mobility
C6: Research on laws and
regulations of informational finance industry and transportation with a human
C7: Application of
Internet-of-Vehicles (IoV) and the rights of the PWDs
C8: Policies on healthcare and
workforce job-sharing for older adults and persons with disabilities
C9: Public transportation
services on staff training to support accessibility and mobility
Topic D. Smart City
Network & Smart Growth in the Asia Pacific Region and Worldwide.
D1: Mobile application
development for connecting people
D2: Innovation and industry
breakthroughs in the provision of personalized transportation
D3: Assistive technology in
D4: Development and platforms
for assistive devices for an accessible smart city
D5: Research on the policy and
practice of accessible transportation for people with mental impairments
D6: Research on legislation and
regulations for accessibility in smart cities
D7: Urban transportation
initiatives for the underprivileged in the Asia-Pacific region
D8: Policy and practice
regarding smart growth and complete streets initiatives
D9: Advocacy and education in
green energy, environmental protection, education, promotion, and smart cities
1. All abstract submissions are
due May 31, 2018 and must be submitted online. Abstracts submitted via fax or
email will not be accepted.
2. Authors are strongly advised
to ensure the accuracy of the submitted abstracts. Any mistakes in literature or
in scientific facts will be published as what is typed.
3. All presenters must register
for the conference and assume responsibility for their own transportation,
lodging and registration fee.
4. The Scientific Committee of
TRANSED 2018 reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate
abstracts either for full papers or poster presentations and to choose a
suitable session for the abstract. The authors’ preference of the type of the
presentation and theme will be taken into account.
5. Accepted abstracts will be
published in the program materials. Editorial changes may be made to accepted
abstracts at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
6. For the abstracts accepted
by the Scientific Committee of TRANSED 2018, the authors must submit their
presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint(PPT) format before September 15, 2018
and the related FULL PAPER not later than September 30,
Guidelines for preparation and submission of abstract
1. All applications should be submitted online. (Abstract Submission).
2. The deadline for abstract
submission is May 31, 2018.
3. The abstract may not have
been published or otherwise been submitted for consideration for publication or
4. Please provide three to five
key words or phrases for reference.
5. Standard abbreviations are
accepted. If any special abbreviations are used, they should be written fully in
parentheses the first time they appear in the text.
6. The "Abstract Text" should
cover "Background/Purpose", "Methods", "Results" and “Conclusion": four separate
sections. The abstract should not exceed 500 words.
7. The abstract will be
published as conference proceedings.
8. Multiple abstracts are
welcome from attendees/authors.
9. All abstracts will be
reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Notification of acceptance will be made
via e-mail no later than June 30, 2018.
FORMAT OF THE ABSTRACT AND SUBMISSION FORM
1. The abstract should adhere to the following structure:
●Type of Presentation:
□Oral(for speak presentation)
A. Accessible Transportation and Tourism in Air, Land and Water.
B. Safe & Sustainable Mobility for Elderly and Persons with Disabilities.
C. Collaboration and Coordination across Information, Financial and Transportation Services.
D. Smart City Network & Smart Growth in the Asia Pacific Region and Worldwide.
●The abstract should not exceed 500 words in length.
2. The following format should be strictly followed:
●Provide the sub topic code that best categorizes your abstract (see above for list of sub topic codes)
●Use a separate paragraph for each section of the abstract.
●Please do not include references, formulas, tables or graphics.
A limited number of scholarships will be offered to authors and delegates whose abstract/participation discuss work that has substantial contribution in their home country and who are in need of financial assistance to attend the conference.
1. Selection criteria:
● recognized contribution to the development of an inclusive society and promotion of accessibility;
● originates from a developing country and has financial limitations that prevent travel to Taipei and participation in TRANSED 2018;
● persons with disability will be given priority consideration;
● the basis of accepted abstract for a paper or poster, e.g. giving a presentation that will benefit all the participants of the conference;
● ability and willingness to promote exchange and share knowledge with the local community.
2. Scholarships are being provided in the form of:
● travel allowance, i.e. air tickets, local transfer, etc; and/or
● accommodation allowance; and/or
● conference fees; and/or
● personal attendant support.
3. Minimum scholarship amount per person is $550 USD and an additional $120 USD for care attendant, if warranted.
4. You are not required to submit an application for scholarship until your abstract has been accepted and you have been notified of such an acceptance.
5. The Scientific Committee is the final authority and has full discretion in deciding on a scholarship, the format, the level and the method.